Experienced Surrey Residential Conveyancing Lawyer
Serving Greater Vancouver and Surrey
If you are selling, buying or even refinancing your residential property, you need the services of a reliable and experienced real estate lawyer. We at Nirwan Law Corporation are one of the leading law firms, serving clients across Greater Vancouver and Surrey. Our seasoned conveyancing lawyers have the knowledge and experience required to help you with various aspects of a sale of house, purchase or mortgage refinancing of your residential property.
Whether you are purchasing or selling a condominium, house, or townhouse, a dedicated real estate lawyer Surrey will guide you through the entire process. As part of these services, we adopt a comprehensive approach tour work.
We will assess your specific requirements, explain the steps required to complete your transaction, as well as draft & file all the necessary documents. Feel free to connect with our residential conveyancing team for a consultation. The information listed below will give you a better idea of what the conveyancing process involves and the services we offer.
Why You Need A Real Estate Law Expert When Buying Or Selling
We have been operating in this space for decades and our lawyers have assisted scores of clients across the region. Our team has had the opportunity to be involved in drafting purchase and sale agreements and related documents. We handle all types of residential conveyancing matters, including refinancing and purchase and sale of homes. Our team of legal experts has the expertise to:
Draft and review agreement of purchase and sale
Review all types of mortgage documentation
Carry out due diligence on your behalf
Advise on matters related to title searches (including reporting & investigating on covenants, judgments, liens, easements, permits, charges, rights of way, and other potential issues/ encumbrances that impact buyers and sellers)
The experience we bring to the table ensures you have the peace of mind that comes from the knowledge that your interests will be well-protected. We work very closely with you and provide you with all the information you need about your real estate transactions. This clarity is important when you are involved in any real estate deals.
Once you have decided to proceed with buying or selling a property, our lawyers will take all the steps required to ensure your interests are protected throughout the conveyancing process. We focus on ensuring that all the appropriate documents are duly completed & filed with the Land Title Office and relevant financial institutions too.
If you have ever purchased or sold a property in the past, you must be aware of how much paperwork is involved in it. Depending on what your circumstances are, the process can be a very complex one. When you opt for our expert real estate law services, you can rest assured that our team will be by your side from the start to finish of your real estate transaction.
Why Choose Us – Business Law Firm
Assist you through the entire Process
Assess your particular Needs
Guide you through each step
Draft and file all required documents
Transfer title successfully
Residential Conveyancing- The Process
Every real estate conveyance has its own set of challenges and is unique. However, there are certain common steps that need to be followed such as:
- The process begins when the lawyer is handed the signed contract of purchase &sale along with the conveyancing instructions from the realtor. The mortgage instructions will come from the lender.
- The conveyancing lawyer will start the due diligence process of reviewing the title to that property, investigating if there are any outstanding taxes, mortgages, charges, liens on the title. There will be a series of other investigations as well.
- The lawyer will prepare the transaction documents, which includes the property conveyance deed.
- Once the documents have been signed by the buyer and seller, the lawyers will then order funds from the lender and deposit the balance of the funds from the buyer. They will confirm that they have received the excess deposit.
- Before the transfer is completed, all the documents including the property conveyance deed will be reviewed and pre-registration title searches will be performed.
- Once the lawyers confirm that everything’s in order, they will file the transfer documents and perform a post-registration search.
- The proceeds will be paid to the seller. This is when the property’s key exchange takes place.
- Our conveyancing lawyer will then give the final report to you and the associated parties. This report will state that the property transfer has taken place successfully.
- Once the seller has received their proceeds, they will pay charges or existing mortgages and provide proof of this action to the lawyer.
- The lender will sign aDischarge of Mortgage orForm C, the registration of which will be done at the Land Title Office. This enables the buyer’s lawyer to then go ahead and order the State of Title Certificate.
- Once this certificate is received, it concludes the conveyancing process.
For any information on our residential conveyancing and range of legal services,such as family transfer, estate transfer, title insurance etc. feel free to call Nirwan Law Corporation at +1.604.372.0253 or send us a message via this Contact Us form.
We are client focus and result driven, dedicated to your success.
Knowledge, skills & experience on your side.
Limited Liability occurs when a company is incorporated. A primary advantage to incorporating a business is the limited liability conferred upon its shareholders. The shareholders are not liable, in most cases, for the debts and other obligations of the corporation. A shareholder’s liability for the debts of the corporation is limited to the amount of funds the shareholder has invested in the corporation. Creditors only have rights against the corporation itself and not against the shareholders.
A corporation is a legal entity that has its own legal personality which is distinct from its owners (called shareholders) and the individuals who manage and run its affairs and business (called directors and officers). The creation of a corporation occurs following the proper filing of Articles of Incorporation (also called a Charter, Certificate of Incorporation or Letters Patent) with the relevant government department or authority.
Every corporation is comprised of shareholders, directors and officers. Shareholders, as the name implies, are the ones who hold (i.e., own) the shares in the corporation. By reason of the votes that are usually attached to the shares, the shareholders control the corporation. If there is only one shareholder, that person has absolute control of the corporation. If the corporation has numerous shareholders, control of the corporation depends on who has a majority of the voting shares. However, the shareholders do not directly manage the corporation. They exercise their influence by electing and removing directors and approving or disapproving major corporate decisions.
When purchasing a home you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Once a lawyer is involved, they can start working to protect the purchaser’s interests. “Buyer Beware” is still the law in BC. Be sure to check the home you are planning to buy very carefully. In other words, be sure to do your due diligence investigations. As your real estate lawyers, we will ensure property taxes are up-to-date and no claims are listed against the property.
Real estate layers oversee the process of buying or selling property to ensure the interest and right of clients are preserved. The purchase of a home is one of the biggest investment most of us will ever make. Real estate closing is a complicated legal process involving the execution of many legal documents which have significant financial implications. You want to protect your investment. A purchaser’s lawyer goes over the agreement of purchase and sale to make sure the buyer is protected. The lawyer checks title, or chain of ownership of the property, for any problems or liabilities such as liens. All mortgage loan documents and legal papers are verified for the purchaser. A seller’s lawyer will check the agreement of purchase and sale to protect the seller and address any title issues that arise, arrange for final payoffs for existing loans and prepare the necessary documents to transfer ownership of the property. As your real estate lawyers, we will examine all of the closing documents on your behalf to make sure your rights are protected.